ODYSSEUS was the mythic King of Ithaca. His story was told by Homer in the Odyssey, one of the oldest stories ever written in our western world, 3,000 years ago!
At SIREN ARTS, we are storytellers. That is why we choose the Odyssey as our source of inspiration. It also happened that ODYSSEUS asked to be tied to the mast of the ship he was sailing so that he could hear the songs of the SIRENS but be able to resist them…
Is also a platform that SIREN ARTS designed and is now operating.
Non-profit organizations need a professional video to deliver their message, talk about their mission. Whether it be for their website or social networks, they have a story to share. It can be for a fundraiser presentation, to highlight an activity, or to promote an upcoming event. But they seldom have the budget to pay for quality.
SIREN ARTS delivers that quality and its portfolio is there to prove it.
The ODYSSEUS team will look for fiscal sponsors that are sensitive to the goals of these non-profit organizations. The sponsors will donate the necessary funds to the non-profit of their liking. In return, the non-profit will use the money received to pay for SIREN ARTS’ services. It is that simple! The sponsors will have their logo highlighted in the video, they can even have a personal message showing at the beginning or the end of the video.
HOW IT WORKS FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- STEP 1: As a non-profit in need of some video work (1), you register. It is FREE! It consists of just filling out a form with basic information (name of the organization, address, contact person, tax ID, …). For now, ODYSSEUS only serves the San Gabriel Valley (2) of Los Angeles. But if you are located outside of this area, we still want to hear from you and we may be able to help you. Just drop Penelope an email. Penelope loves receiving emails!
- STEP 2: Login to your account using your email address and the password you just created. Finish completing your profile. This is where we go more in-depth: explain the mission of your organization, the size, its geographical area of service, and of course the video project(s) you need help with. Our site is secure and we only share a limited amount of information with our sponsors.
- STEP 3: We at Odysseus review your request and get back to you quickly by email or by phone. We also quote you for the video work that you need.
- STEP 4: Odysseus contacts some sponsors and tries to find one or several of them that are interested in helping you with the full or partial amount needed.
- STEP 5: When everything is agreed upon (sponsor name, amount donated, etc.) we sign a contract where the sponsor agrees to donate the money to your organization, where you pledge to use the money for the video work as described, and where we at Odysseus/Siren Arts agree to do the video work under all the conditions described in the contract.
- STEP 6: Odysseus sets your project in motion, and delivers a stunning video where content matters more than anything else!
- Download a PDF presentation here.
HOW IT WORKS FOR SPONSORS
- STEP 1: You are a potential sponsor and you wish to participate in our program. Please apply for a login: Penelope will receive your request and contact you if necessary. Penelope does all our paperwork!
- STEP 2: We review your application and if approved we grant you access to our non-profit organizations’ database where you can browse through the projects that need full or partial funding.
- STEP3: You pick your favorite project and let Penelope know.
- STEP 4: When everything is agreed upon (amount donated, exposure, etc.) we sign a contract where you agree to donate the money to the selected organization (and it is tax-deductible), where the organization pledges to use the money for the video work as described, and where we at Odysseus/Siren Arts agree to do the video work under all the conditions described in the contract.
- STEP 5: Odysseus sets the project in motion, and delivers a stunning video where content matters more than anything else, and where your brand receives maximum exposure!
- Download a PDF presentation here.
(1) The non-profit organization must be classified for tax purpose as a 501(c)(3) and allow contributions to be tax-deductible. Other classifications can benefit from our program only if contributions are tax-deductible. Refer to IRS, page 68.
(2) The San Gabriel Valley as defined by Wikipedia.